The secret to an even, long lasting and matte makeup look is following all the right steps. One of the most important steps is to set your base in order to get all the steps after it right! We have put together a list of setting powders that we swear by and think may work perfectly for you too!
These powder has definitely got to be our go to powder here at fat and fab. It fills up all our check boxes.
- Maybelline New york Fit me loose finishing powder
- It comes in a variety of shades, it gives your makeup a skin like finish and above all that, it’s extremely affordable! We have a tip for a natural and super easy look using this setting powder.
- All you need to do is apply a heavy moisturizer and apply the powder all over your face and it will give you light yet natural looking coverage!
- Kay Beauty HD setting loose powder:
- This super finely milled powder will bust all your assumptions about setting powder being messy.
- The packaging is convenient and keeps spillage and product fall out in mind. It comes with a mesh filter which helps you dispense only as much product as you need for one application.
- Another bonus point, this powder comes in various shades that are specifically created for Indian skin tones. Use this sweat absorbing, HD finish powder with a fluffy brush for the face, and a tapered blending brush for smaller areas like under the eyes and around the mouth where fine lines commonly appear.
- Makeup Revolution – Luxury Baking powder
- This is my personal favourite setting powder. As someone with Acne prone but not oily skin, I need a powder that will set my face and absorb excess shine but still be non drying.
- As the name suggests, this powder can be used for baking over your fine lines as well. I normally apply a thick layer of the powder under my eyes and around my mouth, and dust it away without without letting it sit for too long.
- If you have oily skin you can let it bake on your skin for a long period of time. If you have dry skin, you can lightly dust this powder over the areas where you get excess shine.
- Pac Translucent powder
- Texture and visible foundation patches are something no one wants to see after applying makeup. Along with blending correctly, there’s another thing you you need to perfect a flawless base.
- A setting powder like the PAC Translucent Powder absorbs oil, smooths over fine lines and texture and helps your base last longer.
- Dust this over your face with a fluffy brush after applying foundation and concealer.
- This product is also extremely affordable and comes with a good quantity of powder, so it will probably last you for a long time!
- Store this away from moisture to extend its shelf life !
- Nyx Professional makeup
- This all in one setting powder does everything, it absorbs oil and smooths your skin’s texture, it helps your foundation and concealer last all day.
- It also comes with a mesh guard to dispense small amounts of product without wastage.
- What it lacks in shade range it makes up for in all of these aspects.
- The shade banana should make up for most warm indian skin tones and the shade medium will be just perfect for cool skin tones
- This setting powder is very mattifying and is perfect for oily skin. For other skin types, it can be lightly dusted all over the face and brushed over with some product over the oilier areas.
Each of these powders will work for every skin type and skin tone out there, now the choice is all yours, which one will be the new addition to your makeup bag? Let us know which powder you’ll try out in the comments below and until next time, stay tuned and stay Fabulous !